NOUN Admission Requirements for All Programmes: Seeking for more information on how to get admission into NOUN? Don’t worry, because we have here with us, the NOUN 2022/2023 Admission document, which lists out all the admission requirements for NOUN different course:
We wish to notify all potential and aspiring candidates of the National Open University of Nigeria, that the 2022/2023 admission application form into the academic institution has been released and it’s out.
READ ALSO: 2022 NOUN TMA Update For First Semester
Table of Contents
NOUN Admission Requirements for All Programmes.
Noun.mediangr.com.ng Team wishes to notify Members of the general public, especially, all interested candidates, who are seeking for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), that the application Form for 2022/2023 Admission is now ongoing and you can join the registration.
All interested applicants, should note, that the sales of NOUN Admission form for the 2022/2023 admission has been opened, which was also confirmed by the management of the academic institution.
Before seeking for admission, here are the requirements you should take Note of.
Admission Requirements into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
Before you proceed, check: List Of Courses Offered by NOUN.
Studying with us gives a rewarding experience as we give you all the support you need to succeed.
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
- Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
RELATED: NOUN Admission Application Form 2022/2023 [Diploma, Degree & PG]
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five credits in the SSCE / GCE O’Level / NECO / NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels.
- Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a credit Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO / SSCE or GCE O/L only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
- For School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics
- For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
- For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental Science and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level (SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
- National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognised institutions.
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
- International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower) degree from any recognized University with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English and a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO / SCCE or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Candidates for entry into School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 300 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
a) Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Geography and Economics.
b) A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (Higher National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
4. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
- NOUN Project Submission Closing Date
- List of NOUN Approved and Accredited Study Centres
- www.nouonline.net – NOUN Student Login Portal
- NOUN Pen On Paper Exam Tricks and Tips
- How To Take NOUN Virtual Exams
5. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
6. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
7. ACCESS PROGRAMME.
- As part of her mandate to increase access to Higher Education, the National Open University of Nigeria now offers a Remedial Programme at ‘O’ level to the Nigerian Public.
- Students who are admitted into these programmes will be taught through the face-to-face mode for a full academic year after which they would sit for any National ‘O’ Level examinations of their choice
- For a start, the programme would take off in three Study Centres of the University: Lagos, Kaduna and Kebbi respectively.
Undergraduate Programmes Requirements for Admission in NOUN.
- An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
- To apply for a programme, select the Faculty, choose the programme and entry level so that the View Requirement button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the Apply button on the pre-payment application page.
- Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
- An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
- Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on “Continue After Payment” and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
- In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!
Postgraduate Programmes Requirements.
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- NOUN GST302 Business Plan Template Download (PDF)
- NOUN GST302 Business Creation and Growth – Write up & Presentation
- NOUN 11th Virtual Convocation Ceremony
- NOUN eLearn Portal Login elearn.nouedu2.net | Reset Password
- Meet Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere NOUN Best Graduating Student
- List Of Students Expunged From NOUN Graduation List 2022
- National Open University Nigeria (NOUN) IT/SIWES Procedures
- NOUN SIWES Courses From The Faculties And Their Codes
- How To Submit IT/SIWES Records On NOUN Mylearningspace
- University of Kent MA Degree Scholarships 2022/2023
- BASUG Admission List 2021/2022 | 1st & 2nd Batch
- NSUK 6th Combined Convocation Ceremony Programme of Event 2022
- NSUK Gowns Collection and Book of Proceedings for 6th Convocation
- Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria Screening/Documentation
- Top 7 Government Scholarships For International Students 2022/2023
- NEXIT Training Information For FCT Abuja and Nasarawa States
- Einstein Fellowship For Outstanding Young Thinkers 2022-2023
- United Bank for Africa (UBA) Recruitment in March 2022
- University of Exeter Scholarships, Funding for Taught Masters & Research Programmes
- Anderson University International Student Financial Info 2022-2023
Please I like to know if NOUN offers PhD programme in crop science or Agroforestry.
Thanking you for your quick response.
The related Departments currently available as at the time of this comment includes;
1.Agricultural Economics and Extension
2. Animal Science and Fisheries
3. Crop and Soil Sciences