How to Pass NOUN POP Exam: Here is your unbeatable tips on how to successfully pass the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Pen on Paper (POP) exam.
Exams have always caught many students pants down, creating mixed feelings of excitement and pressure.
More unsettling and confusing is the situation with distant learning students, you have little or no interaction among students which could help answer some of the questions that pop up while exams are already in session.
To help answer some of those questions, I wish to share with you from personal experience some important tips to guide you while in the exam hall.
If you can comprehend and diligently follow what is written in this article there’s no way you won’t succeed/pass any NOUN exam you might encounter.
This post is divided into two sections, first section will give you important tips about Pen On Paper exams (POP) while the second part will discuss about E-exams.
NOUN exam tips for POP exams.
1. Ensure your clearance and students ID card are done ahead of exam date and in your possession.
2. Make your way to your study centre ahead of time not forgetting your face mask😷 and also while en route, you can revise your course summaries and past questions (don’t take any of these files inside the exam hall)
3. Make your way into the exam hall and quietly take your seat.
4. In exam, always begin your write up with capital letter.
5. For example, “management” should begin with a capital “M”. Some little or basic writing skills can improve your overall grade in NOUN exams.
5. When you are done with a line add full stop(.), Know where to add comma(,).
7. When asked to list 10 things, you can list 5 and explain or list 10 and explain 5 it’s acceptable.
8. When listing things, use Roman figures, eg; i, ii, iiii, iv, v etc.
9. Go through all the questions first and start with the one you have best knowledge of (Pay attention to this one, it’ll save you time). This’ll give the examiner a positive impression about you, first impression matters.
10. Waste no precious time on non compulsory questions, focus on your areas of strength. Incase this is your first time to sit for POP exam, NOUN most times make the number 1 question compulsory in almost all POP exams. They’ll set something like “Question number 1 is compulsory, then pick any other 3 or 4 questions after answering the compulsory question number 1”.
11. Each question for example have other sub questions attached to it that you also have to answer. For example; “Question 1a, Question 1b, Question 1c, etc”. If the instruction on your paper says all question 1 is compulsory then you have to attend to all. That’s what we meant when we said you should focus and start with the questions you have best knowledge of and waste no precious time on non compulsory questions.
12. Do not forget to write your correct Matric number, it is as good as been absent for the paper if you do.
13. Remove fear and stay focused, it’s just an exam not a do or die affair. No matter what happens, don’t get involved in any exam malpractice. You’ll be caught and suspended, it’s not worth it.
14. Pass and pass honourably. Believe me, it is better to fail and pay N1000 for carryover registration next semester than being made to stood up and leave the exam hall because of exam malpractice.
15. Avoid any form of talking or trying to help or ask your fellow student any question. If you’re caught, it is an exam malpractice. When you need any assistance, raise your hand up and a staff will attend to you.
Conclusively, stay relaxed and stay focused. I will see you on the other side. Best wishes.
Join our Telegram group for latest NOUN News and updates.