NOUN Postgraduate Result Grading: On this page, you will learn about the result grading system for the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) school of postgraduate studies.
As Nigeria’s leading and only specialist-provider of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) university education, we offer academic freedom by providing functional, flexible and cost-effective learning which adds life-long value to all those who seek knowledge within a stone throw. This means that access is not limited by space and time, and you could proceed at your pace.
Table of Contents
Inline with NUC’s Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS), for Nigerian Universities, the minimum pass Mark for ALL post-graduate courses is “C” which is credit and carries a grade point of 3.
In Clinical/Pharmaceutical Sciences, it’s a “B”.
You may be denied graduation in NOUN if your CGPA is less than 3.0
For details on NOUN post graduate programmes, keep reading while I guide you through.
NOUN Post Graduate Programme Admission Requirements.
To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others;
- All matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar.
- Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes,
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5-point scale.
Studying with us gives a rewarding experience as we give you all the support you need to succeed.
NOUN School of Post Graduate Studies Admission Process.
1. An applicant for postgraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of a first degree ( second class lower) for masters or HND for PGD in a related field in addition to 5 O-Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
2. Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
3. To apply for a programme, select the Faculty, choose the programme so that the View Requirement button is enabled. Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the Apply button on the pre-payment application page.
4. Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting. On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
5. An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled before submission.
6. Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on Continue after payment… and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
7.Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
8. In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!
9. Please print your form and admission letter and bring them to your chosen Study Centre for verification by an Admin Officer.
How to Apply for NOUN Postgraduate Admission Form.
- ACETEL Admissions – https://acetel.nou.edu.ng/programmes/
- PGD Admissions – https://www.admissions.nouonline.net/zzpappl_pgrad.php
- Masters Admissions – https://www.admissions.nouonline.net/zzpappl_pgrad.php
- Doctorate Admissions – https://www.admissions.nouonline.net/zzpappl_pgrad.php
For more enquiries regarding NOUN Postgraduate Programmes, contact:
Post Graduate Transcript
Report on Ethical Issues