NOUN (IT/SIWES) Logbook Payment Procedure: Payment for NOUN IT/SIWES course registration will be done with your normal semester course registrations (I mean just as you register every other course for the semester) hence you pay for it as you pay for other courses directly into your portal, However, payment for the logbook is made directly into the federal government account through the Remita website and not through your NOUN portal.
On this page, we will be discussing the step by step procedure on how to apply, pay and get your NOUN IT/SIWES logbook. As cited earlier, this can be easily done on your student portal and payments will be made on remita platform.
- NOUN School Fees For New and Returning Undergraduate & PG Students
- How To Apply For National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission
- List of NOUN Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses/Programmes
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Courses / Programmes
Brief About NOUN IT/SIWES Programme.
STUDENTS INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME (SIWES)
According the the information derived from the official NOUN Portal, the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) is a new Directorate under the Vice-Chancellor’s Office. It was established on 20th April, 2012
The Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) is a skills training programme designed to expose and prepare students of universities and other tertiary institutions for the Industrial Work situation they are likely to meet after graduation. It is also a planned and structured programme based on stated and specific career objectives which are geared towards developing the occupational competencies of participants (Mafe, 2009). Consequently, the SIWES programme is a compulsory graduation requirement for all Nigerian university students offering certain courses.
The Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES), is the accepted training programme, which is part of the approved Minimum Academic Standard in the various degree programmes for all Nigerian Universities. The scheme is aimed at bridging the existing gap between theory and practice of Sciences, Agriculture, Medical Sciences (including Nursing), Engineering and Technology, Management, and Information and Communication Technology and other professional educational programmes in the Nigerian tertiary institutions. It is aimed at exposing students to machines and equipment, professional work methods and ways of safeguarding the work areas and workers in industries, offices, laboratories, hospitals and other organizations.
Prior to establishing the Scheme, industrialists and other employers of labour felt concerned that graduates of Nigeria Universities were deficient in practical background studies preparatory for employment in Industries and other organizations. The employers thus concluded that the theoretical education being received in our higher institutions was not responsive to the needs of the employers of labour. Consequently, the rationale for initiating and designing the scheme by the Industrial Training Funds ITF, in 1973.
The scheme is a tripartite programme involving the students, the universities and the employers of labour. It is funded by the Federal Government and jointly coordinated by the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- To provide an avenue for students in the Nigerian universities to acquire industrial skills and experience during their course of study;
- To prepare students for the work situation they are likely to meet after graduation;
- To expose the students to work methods and techniques in handling equipment and machinery that may not be available in their universities;
- To allow the transition phase from school to the world of working environment easier and facilitate students’ contact for later job placements;
- To provide students with an opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge in real work situation thereby bridging the gap between theory and practice.
How to Pay for NOUN IT/SIWES Logbook online.
1. Visit www.remita.net
2. Click on “Pay Federal Government Agency”
3. In the box titled “Name Of MDA“, type National Open University (before you complete typing, the system will aid you in completing the remaining part of the name. Please select the system’s suggestion as it also carries a numerical code along with it after the name. The code is the identity of NOUN on the remita platform)
4. Under “Name of Service/Purpose” click the drop-down button and select “Choose tender fee or miscellaneous“.
5. Under “Description of payment“, type “IT/SIWES LOG BOOK”
6. Skip the box titled “Amount To Pay” and go down to the lower tab which consists of the list of other payments in NOUN. In this area, please check (mark) the box which bears the title “IT SIWES“.
7. Directly opposite the IT SIWES title, you will find a box containing Unit Price as 0.00 just edit the unit price by typing in 1000.00 (without a comma). Automatically, the earlier skipped tab titled “Amount To Pay” will update itself to N1,000.00
8. Go to the lower tab and fill in your Full Name
9. Fill in your Email
10. Fill in your phone number. When filling your phone number, the moment you click on the box, +234 is already there. All you need to do is to fill the remaining part of your phone number without typing the first “0”. E.g. if your phone number is 08089896529, just type 8089896529 so that it looks like +2348089896529. The first zero is the same as +234
NOTE: The above information is suggested to be filled with the same information on your NOUN portal.
11. Fill in the characters supplied in the image for authentification/confirmation of your transaction, in the box provided below the image.
12. Click on “Proceed To Payment“.
13. The next page will give you several payment options. It is best advised to pay at the bank instead of using online payment options. This is because you have to present the teller at the school. Just copy your remita (RRR) code from there and proceed to pay at the bank with the code.
14. Visit any commercial bank to make your payment.
15. On the teller, at the top edge side, write “IT/SIWES” followed by your remita code
16. On the Depositor’s name, type your own name (the person who is applying for the IT Logbook)
17. On the Account name, write the National Open University of Nigeria (or simply NOUN)
18. Fill other required information such as date, the amount in words, etc. (There is no need to fill the account number).
19. Wait to collect the printout of the payment receipt at the bank.
20. Make a photocopy of your course registration slip (containing IT/SIWES as a registered course), the payment receipt collected from the bank, and the teller, and take to the school (with the original copies for sighting), to collect your Log Book.
Let us know if you need support on NOUN IT/SIWES Logbook Payment Procedure.