NOUN Urged To Open Borno Correctional Service Study Centre: The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS), Borno State Command, has tabled a formal request for the establishment of a NOUN special study centre in its command headquarters, Maiduguri.
The Command Comptroller, Mohammed Gimba, made the request when he led a team on a courtesy visit to the management of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Maiduguri Study Centre.
Gimba said they were at the centre to know the facilities required to operate as a study centre and to invite the officials for inspection and assessment of physical structures and facilities.
“We have started processing a study centre in our command and we have written a letter to the management of National Open University of Nigeria, Maiduguri Study Centre, to know what facilities required to operate a study centre and request the officials of the university to inspect what we have if can be compiled to be a study centre,” he said
The comptroller said the command has since started providing facilities and structures at the proposed special study centre, which include a good landscaping environment with water supply, two (2) e-examination halls equipped with sixteen (16) computers, saver room, 35 KVA generator and Mini library.
He commended the excellent work done by the former director of the centre, Dr. Mohammed Yahaya in moving it to greater height and congratulated the newly appointed director, Mr. Idris Garba..
Responding, Garba, who represented the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Olufemi Peters, thanked the comptroller and his team for the request to establish a special study centre.
He said the operational system of NOUN is simple and flexible. “NOUN is simply the best, we have 103 study centres nationwide and our mode of studying is flexible and we are open and accessible.”
The director added that the core responsibilities of the university is to take higher education to every single doorstep of Nigerians.
Garba, who took time off to explain the basic requirements and other details needed for the establishment of a study centre, disclosed that the university is welcoming such initiatives.
He eulogised the initiative, which, according to him, would greatly help in promoting accessible higher education to the inmates, men and officers of the command.
You May Also Like:
- How To Check Npower NEXIT Training Status 2022
- 10 Most Affordable / Tuition Free Universities in USA
- www.tsc.gm.gov.ng Login Gombe Teachers Recruitment Portal 2022
- How To Apply Canadian Permanent Residency 2022 | Complete Guide
- NDA 74th RC Course & General Requirements For Admission 2022
- Gombe Teachers Service Commission Recruitment 2022 | tsc.gm.gov.ng
- Want To Permanently Move To Canada? See This 2 Quick and Sure Ways
- JAMB Registration Form 2022/2023 Guidelines & Instructions
- JAMB Subject Combinations 2022 For All Courses (UTME/DE)
- 2022 JAMB Registration Requirements For UTME & DE Candidates
- JAMB Rejects NABTEB A’Level As Entry Requirement for DE Admission
- UNILAG Postgraduate Students Registration Guidelines 2021/2022
- Kwararafa University Wukari Admission List 2021/2022
- African Union (AU) Recruitment 2022 [6 Positions]
- UI Distance Learning (ODeL) Admission Form 2021/2022
- CDFIPB Shortlisted Candidates 2022 Latest News Today (NSCDC)
- FUTO Pre-Degree Admission List 2021/2022 | 1st Batch
- Federal Poly Kaura Post UTME Form 2020/2021 [ND Full-Time Courses]
- Borno State University (BOSU) Cut-Off Mark 2021/2022
- Npower Registration Portal 2022 – https://npower.fmhds.gov.ng/signup
- Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku Post UTME Form 2021/2022
- Tejumola Olaniyan Creative Writers-in-Residence Fellowship 2022