How To Apply For NOUN Transcript, Notification & Statement of Result: Are you a graduate of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) and you’re wondering the best way on how to go about your application for Transcript, Notification & Statement of Result? Then you’re on the right page. Continue reading to find more information.
In this article, we will give you detailed guidelines on how to Apply For NOUN Transcript, Notification & Statement of Result.
Applying for NOUN Transit or Notification of Result and Statement of Result is best done when you get the right format and table your request the best way to the right office for processing.
Although, as at the time of writing this article, Mediangr have not been able to ascertain the exact time NOUN processes an application for Transit or Notification of Result and Statement of Result and ready for collection. We will do our very best to still make more findings so we can update this page as soon as possible.
NOUN Undergraduate Transcript Application and Verification of Documents Guidelines.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
- Payment is only to be made via the Remita platform at www.remita.net as follows:
- Click on Pay FGN and State TSA.
- Who do you want to Pay to (type “National Open University of Nigeria”);
- Name of Service /Purpose (select “Miscellaneous Income” or “Others”);
- Purpose of Payment (type “Undergraduate Transcript”); enter other relevant details, and pay online or in the bank.
- Please fill in your details (phone number and e-mail address in the appropriate boxes).
- Amount to be paid should be indicated. Transcript within Nigeria is N15, 000 only, and outside Nigeria is N30, 000 only, while Verification fee for both Local and International is N15,000 only.
- Payment of cash or any additional amount outside the aforementioned approved fee to any official of the university is prohibited.
- REMITA will send a mail to your e-mail account, print out and take to any bank for payment.
- Attach the Remita payment slip and the bank payment teller to the transcript application
- The transcript application should be addressed to The Registrar, National Open University of Nigeria, Plot 91, Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway, Cadastral Zone, Jabi, Abuja. Or all documents scanned and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application should include all necessary details of the applicant (Full name of applicant, Matriculation number, programme, Faculty, Year of graduation, full address of destination, and designation of recipient (e.g. The Secretary, The Dean).
- Attach a photocopy of your National Open University of Nigeria Certificate.
- Contacts: 08079618970, 08167424141
If you have paid and obtained the necessary documents, click ‘Start Application’ to commence transcript application.
NOUN Postgraduate Transcript Application Guideline.
The steps for applying for postgraduate transcripts are outlined below:
- Please note that transcripts are not sent to individuals but academic institutions.
- If a transcript applicant wants his/her transcript to be sent to a non-academic or corporate organisation like a bank, an NGO, an MDA, etc, he/she would have to request the organisation to write on his/her behalf to the “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies…” in its letter-headed paper and duly signed by the appropriate Officer.
- Approved transcript processing fee for local destinations is N10,000, while international destinations is N25,000.
- Payment is only to be made via the Remita platform at www.remita.net as follows: WHO DO YOU WANT TO PAY TO (type “National Open University of Nigeria”); NAME OF SERVICE/PURPOSE (select “Miscellaneous Income” or “Others”); Purpose of Payment (type “Postgraduate Transcript”); enter other relevant details, and pay online or in the bank.
- Payment of cash or any additional amount outside the aforementioned approved fee to any official of the University is prohibited.
- A transcript applicant is to fill the fields provided in the transcript application page and upload the following: a copy of the certificate/notification of result, Remita receipt, application letter from a corporate body (if applicable) and transcript label (if applicable).
- After submission, an acknowledgement message would be sent to the applicant via our email: email@example.com.
- The Transcript Desk of the School of Postgraduate Studies could also be reached through the above email and our dedicated telephone line: 0811-503-2088 (calls only between 9am – 4pm, on working days).
- Processing time is 5 – 15 working days: by this time we shall endeavour to process the applications for posting. The arrival of prepared transcripts at chosen destinations will depend on the location.
If you have paid and obtained the Remita receipt, click Start Application to commence transcript application.
- All fields are compulsory
- Note that courier options attracts extra fees.
- Kindly contact the transcript office after your application has been submitted for further enquiries on the courier options
- The university frowns at the patronage of unapproved courier services for transcript processing. The only approved courier service by the university management is universal parcel service (ups) and payment is made online together with your transcript fee – it is automatic.
- Patronage of any other courier service is at the risk of the patron.
- Payment for transcript processing is prohibited and whosoever pay cash to anybody for transcript processing does so at his/her own risk.
Requesting for NOUN Transcript.
An academic transcript is an official and complete copy of a student’s academic work. It entails all the student’s offered courses with corresponding marks and grades from 100level or first year till final year. It is cross checked by the student’s department and college and then signed and stamped by the Registrar. It is only sent to a registered organization or institution. A transcript is usually paid for and the price depends on if its being sent locally or intentionally. It can be requested for by the student in form of a letter addressed to the Registrar.
SAMPLE1: How To Write A “Request For Transcript To NOUN”
Below is an example of the body of the letter:
Request for Transcript
I, STUDENT’S NAME with Matriculation number NOU20100XXXX, a Business Administration student of the department of Management Sciences hereby write to apply for transcript.
University of Storybrooke, an American university is demanding for my full transcript in order to process my application to further my studies at their university.
I hereby request that my transcript be addressed to the following address:
The Admissions Officer,
Univeristy of Storybrooke,
United States of America
Thanks for your assistance.
Name and Date
Requesting for NOUN Statement of Result.
A statement of result is an unofficial and complete copy of a student’s academic work. It entails all the student’s offered courses with corresponding marks and grades from 100level or first year till final year. It is cross checked by the student’s department and college but it is not signed and stamped by the Registrar. It is free. A letter is not required in order to get a statement of result.
NOUN Notification of Result.
A notification of result summarizes the student’s final grade. i.e Snow White a student of University of Storybrooke completed her course of study in the department of sociology with a second class upper. A student in Nigeria needs this for NYSC camp. It is signed and stamped by the Registrar. It is free. It can be requested by the student with a letter addressed to the Registrar. It is a formal document.
SAMPLE 2: How To Write a Request For NOUN Notification Of Result.
Below is a sample letter for Notification of Result:
12, Shitta Street,
National Open University of Nigeria
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone
Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway
Request for Notification of Result
I, STUDENT’S NAME with Matriculation number NOU20100XXXX, a Business Administration student of the department of Management Sciences hereby write to apply for notification of result.
I will like to have the notification of result for the documentation of my forthcoming National Youth Service Corp (NYSC).
Thanks for your cooperation.
Name and Date
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp.